Halloween

 First two weeks at University always pass really quickly for me. You need to deal with all paper work, get to know new professors and new subjects, ect. And after this time, IT begins… I see first dead leaves, the orange and yellow are taking control over the world, and the thing that takes over my mind is … HALLOWEEN. I love Halloween, I’m crazy about it. Creating a new concept of a costume in your head, looking for decorations everywhere, eating everything with pumpkin, preparing a list of snacks and dishes that I’ll make for a party – these are the things I wonder about for two weeks preceding the 31th of October. My friends know that, they don’t even try to go on with a subject.


Yes, I carve a pumpkin every year and yes, I dress up every year. Me and a group of my closest friends throw out a costume party almost every year so I’m not only watching Halloween ideas and memes on the Internet (thanks God). I event went trick-or-treating couple of times when I was a kid but this festival of ghosts and monsters wasn’t really popular in Poland at that time and most of the people didn’t treat us in a friendly way. It is hardly suprising, this is not a holiday officially celebrated in our country and couple of years ago it wasn’t even well-known among the people, especially in small town like mine. 





But right now there are more and more possibilities to create an appropriate Halloween mood. Shops are full of decorations, food and costumes, moreover, people are more aware of a fact that it’s just a way to have fun not a black mass organised to worship a Dark Lord. So have fun people, eat a lot of candies and watch one of Tim Burton's movies!

Comments

  1. Hi! I love your Halloween makeup ideas. The middle photo is absolutely amazing! And the food you prepared brings the Halloween mood, good job! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment