I am SHERLOCKED.


I was absent for more than a month, I know. I am completely aware of that and I am sorry. This post is partially my justification. First of all, I underwent a knee surgery and I had no chance to smuggle a computer to the hospital.  And besides, using a computer wouldn’t be probably possible with two IV drips attached to your arms and with a ban on any movement. The other reason I didn’t post anything is that... I was in a trance. I’m not kidding. I’ll now explain what I’m saying.  

After I came back home from hospital, I couldn’t sleep well because of the pain. So I stayed up late, staring at a TV screen, watching anything that was aired that particular night. And one night, one of the TV stations played series show called “Sherlock”, starring Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman, based on Sir Arthur Conan Doyle detective stories. I know, I’m couple of years late but... I completely fell in love with that show. Not a moment too soon. So I spent my whole winter break watching “Sherlock”. I regret nothing. 

As I said, I know that I am a little late with discovering that BBC series. Almost everyone I know has already watched it. There was a huge boom on Sherlock couple of years ago, which is why I didn’t want to watch it at that time. I usually avoid popular productions that everyone talks about because I’m afraid that I will have a great expectations but the show will eventually let me down. It was like that with Game of Thrones, that I didn’t like at all, or for example  Avengers, which greatness was totally exaggerated. The more someone is “hyping” a show or movie, the less I want to see it. A reverse psychology, isn’t it? Anyway, when everybody was talked about Sherlock, I just simply let it go and didn’t try to watch it. Oh, how wrong and stupid I was... 

The only Sherlock I had anything to do with was the movie about Mr. Holmes starring Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law. But to be honest, Mr. Downey Jr, aka the great Iron Man, did not convinve me with his performance. I mean, the movie was not the worst I’ve ever seen, and Jude Law is brilliant as dr Watson, but the American Holmes with the face and behaviour of Tony Stark... I’m sorry, but no. Finally, and totally by accident, I came across BBC version of adventures of Mr. Holmes. I... AM... IN... LOVE. It is no wonder Irene Adler fell so bad for Sherlock because I also did (if you don’t know who Irene Adler is, you have no other choice than to watch the show).   

After watching Benedict Cumberbatch, I cannot imagine anyone else in the role of the smartest detective the world has ever seen. Also Martin Freeman, who you may know from Hobbit or Love Actually, created an outstanding character of doctor John Watson. Without exaggeration, I can say that those two are the best movie and tv duet I have ever seen. I don’t want to spoil the fun and pleasure of watching the serie, so just please... Watch it. Carefully. Because the point is not just to see but to observe. Just like Sherlock said...

source: http://www.bbc.co.uk

Comments